Welcome to Malawi!

This blog is about my life in Malawi and how it relates to the lives of the other 13 million people in this country. Each and every day it gets a little more interesting. Thoughts, stories, moments, ups, and downs. As I learn more and more what it means to have your life in Malawi, I will share it with you, and I hope to hear your reactions.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Critters 2: The Return

Even from beyond the grave, they can still get to you. Check out what got to me last night.



Playing a little game at Megan's place in Blantyre.




Looks like the competition is stiffer than I thought.




Post game analysis. Another job well done!


And here's what got to me in Thyolo last week. Even with a missing leg, a spider this big is scary as hell. This is a local resident of the guesthouse in Thyolo where I was staying. Slowly creeping movements, vicious fangs, and with menacing red streaks on its 7 remaining legs…


Up close and personal.



Don't ask me why I brought my "Save-on-More" card to Malawi, but it came it handy to show the size of this thing.

Watch as I set my camera for a close up video of the spider. I must admit, he gets the better of me...


At least there are no crocodiles where I live.

~Mike

1 comment:

Annette said...

I love that game. How's that camera doing?

 
/* New Code with the Analytics stuff */ /* End of new Code with the Analytics stuff */